OUR TERMS and CONDITIONS
By using our services - you agree to these terms.
Ryedale Cleaners Customer Agreement - General
Thank you for choosing to use our services. We look forward to be working with you.
We have a few points below which we need to make you aware of.
- If you or somebody in your household is ill or contagious we would appreciate it if you could let us know 24 hours before we are due to attend. There will be no cancellation fee in these circumstances.
- If things are already damaged in your property and are waiting to be repaired (e.g.a shower door has become misaligned or handles and taps have become loose, or windows won’t open); we will refrain from cleaning these items until they are fixed to prevent further damage.
- In instances where we have agreed to use equipment provided by you, we will ensure that the equipment is left as it was when we came into your property. We will clean filters and empty bins where necessary. If there is a fault with any of the equipment, we will
- If, in course of our work, we are responsible for any accidental damage (e.g. a broken cup or flower vase) or cause any other breakages, we will speak to you directly and agree a way to move forward with the issue.
- If you agree to leave your keys in a ‘safe place’ and you forget, we have to charge the full amount agreed for the job.
- If WE need to cancel for any reason we will notify you at the earliest opportunity and try to re-arrange a day to suit you.
- If YOU need to cancel for any reason, please provide a minimum of one month’s notice and we will try to re-arrange. Please remember a charge will generally be applied for short-notice or last-minute cancellations.
- We will try to schedule a clean on a day close to when you're away;
- We will come as normal and instead of a regular clean, we will do some extra jobs;
- We will have to charge you a 'keep my slot' fee, a retainer.
- We will notify you of any holidays and annual leave we have planned and agree an alternative time and day to fulfil the work. If, for any reason, we are called away at short notice and cannot attend to provide a scheduled check at your property, we will notify you at once and will refund the cost of the missed attendance.
- If you have pets, we may need them to be in a secure place for the duration of the clean. We will speak to each individual client about their pets in advance.
- Sometimes clients leave job lists with additional tasks for us to attend to. We are happy to do this but if the extra work means that we exceed the time allocated, we need to charge for the additional attendance.
- Deposits. For one-off jobs we'll ask for a deposit. This is based on our minimum 3hours requirement. Once this is paid, the job is booked and the date/time we agreed is secured. Please note, if you need to cancel for any reason the deposit you paid is non-refundable, so please make sure you are sure about the date.
In the event when we have to cancel, we will then try to offer you an alternative date. However if we cant agree on one mutually convenient time - we will then refund your money back.
- Photographs taken at client's property: As you may be aware, we do take photos of our work to use on our social media platforms. We will always be sensitive about what we photograph and use common sense. We'll never expose anything personal to you, however, if you do not wish us to take photographs of work conducted at your property, please let us know.
- Complaints. If you have any concerns or complaints whatsoever about the level of service we have provided you with at your property, please discuss this with us straight away. Please contact us by email or by telephone (via the address and number provided below).
In the event of a cancellation, there are 3 options,
- 2nd Homes are properties used by you, the owner and/or your family and friends. They are not operated as holiday cottages, Airbnb or similar.
How it works?
- Once you have contacted us we will make arrangements to visit you and say hello, this provides an opportunity to discuss your needs and decide which plan best meets your requirements.
- We'll ask for your contact details and ask you to provide alternative contact details in case we need to get in touch with you urgently.
- Our services are designed to minimise risk to your property. We aim to act quickly and decisively if anything abnormal is spotted.
- We ensure that the property is left secure, locked and alarmed (where relevant).
- Our company does not take any responsibility for any event which is beyond its control or where we are not at fault.
- You, the homeowner, are responsible for ensuring that the terms of your property and household insurance (including the requirement for inspections), are fully complied with.
- Once you have chosen a package, you're welcome to upgrade or downgrade at any time, for one time only.
- The service we provide includes an agreed number of checks to the property every month. The fixed cost for these form part of your subscription. If you, or others, are visiting the property, you can let us know so that attendance by us can be deferred but please note, the monthly charge remains fixed.
- Our prices are for properties in and around Helmsley. For properties beyond the Helmsley area, we will agree a price with you in advance based on journey times.
- We suggest that owners register us officially as key holders with the local police. In the event of any problems such as the alarm going off, the police can contact us directly. If we have to respond in circumstances like this, additional charges are applicable.
- Mon - Fri 8.00 - 18.00 £30
- Mon - Fri after 18.00 £50
- Sat - Sun £50
- If you, or your visitors, arrive at the property and have forgotten/lost the key, you can collect the spare from us, or we'll meet you at your property. The charge for this service is £30
- We will have agreed with you in advance, the maximum value of remedial work that we can authorise without discussing it with you first. Generally we set this at £250 for most clients. In the event of an emergency, (such as a leak), we will authorise the work. If the work is likely to cost more than this figure, we will discuss the work with you first and agree the next steps in advance of any work being carried out.
These fees are based on a visit of half an hour.
- Our invoices are issued at the end of every month. Our terms are strictly payment within 7 days.
- You can pay by bank transfer, direct debit cash or cheque.
- We start our day at 8am and work throughout the day until the daylight allows us.
- For commercial work, this may vary and it might be agreed for out of hours, early start.
- Rain Guarantee - on a due day, we come if it's sunny or if it rains or even snows. We continue to provide you with our services no matter the weather - unless it's freezing temperature/ storm/ or conditions that are not safe to work in.
- The pure water method that we use, leaves windows wet anyway - the rain does not affect its finish. We can clean your windows on a sunny day, it might rain after an hour. If we clean them in the rain, besides that we remove cobwebs and general dirt of them it won't matter.
- If we need you to be at the property to let us in, to give us access to the ie. back garden etc - we will notify you in advance, that usually is a day before.
Ryedale Cleaners Customer Agreement - Window Cleaning - INTERNAL, INSIDE, INTERIOR
We offer this service too, we always have. The cost of cleaning windows inside is double the cost of an exterior clean.
If you are our client for a regular house clean and we also clean your windows - GOOD NEWS, we'll clean your internal windows while we're at your home, this service is included in our hourly rate.
Carpet cleaning machine HIRE
We offer a couple of hire periods to suit you.
- 1 DAY - 24 hours hire. This usually starts from 4pm until 4pm following day.
- 2 DAYS - 48 hours hire.
At the moment we only accept cash payments. Payment must be made on the day of receiving the machine.
We believe in honesty - that - for us, is the foundation of everything. This is where we start, and where we finish. We also expect that from you. Kindness and fair play.
Thank you. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.